Sunday, August 30, 2009

Details, details...

Well cyberworld, it took about 18m or so but I'm now officially sure that my son is smarter than I am. Crap.

He knows the word ball and he also knows that balls are meant to be thrown. He likes to throw. He also knows that non-balls cannot be thrown or else you get sent to time out. He doesn't like time out.

The solution?

Everything is a ball. He'll pick up a shoe, block, car etc and proclaim "ball! ball!" and then throw the sucker halfway across the room. Nice. See, is it's a ball then it's a legal throw and you can't fuss mom. Yeah, no. Time out here you come buddy.

Tonight I asked Juan if perhaps Caleb might be a little confused and not know the word "throw" and thus he was saying "ball! ball!" because he wanted to throw and didn't know how else to express himself. I said this in front of Caleb. Who promptly looked at me and said "throw! throw!"

The game is on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The other "loop hole" you did not mention is throwing items backwards and proclaiming "OOPS!" ... yea right, that is still a throw Caleb... we are on to you kiddo.