Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moving On Up...

When I dropped Caleb off at school yesterday I noticed that Kenzie wasn't in the room. I asked Ashley where she was and Ashley replied that Kenzie had started to transition to the toddler room. She turned 1y about a week and a half ago so I guess this shouldn't have surprised me too much. I then realized that Caleb will be 11m next week (seriously!) and we too would need to start thinking about transitioning soon enough. On my way out I picked up a list of the transition criteria. It is as follows:

  1. Takes 1 nap a day on a cot. Naptime is from 12:30-3pm. You need to stay on your cot during that time.
  2. Eats table food. No jar food or bottles.
  3. Walks well and can walk holding an object
  4. Responds to simple commands - come, sit, stay.
  5. Drinks from a cup without a lid.

There are a few more but I think this should keep us entertained for awhile. Average age for transitioning fully is 13-15 months. I'm not so sure we'll be there that quickly, specifically #1.

Hmmm.

No comments: