Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clean Thursday

Today started off well. I worked for a few hours and then decided to run some errands before lunch. In an effort to be efficient I started a load of laundry and then headed off to Target. Found everything I needed there and was back home within 30-45 minutes at most. When I came in the back door Chloe had a major hissy fit. I fussed at her and told her to go get on her bed. She snorted and gave me a you-have-no-clue-do-you? look. I didn't. Until I walked into the laundry room to switch out the clothes and saw this:


Seems as though some little fingers pushed the spin cycle button until it got to extra high. And that brand new, totally full bottle of Tide on top of the washer? It spun right off! And onto the floor.

I stared in disbelief, ran to find the phone to call Juan, took a picture, laughed, and cleaned it up. Note: My husband said at least ten times for me to be careful and not slip and break an arm. I was careful.

The up side? My house smells Tide-fresh. My laundry room floor is clean. I wiped the baseboards down too for good measure.

The down side? I don't think the slippery-ness will ever go away. Oh, and we need more Tide.
Hope your Thursday is as clean as ours!

Halloween pictures coming soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to laugh. I think I would have cried! I wonder if some vinegar might make it less slippery?