Sunday, March 1, 2009

What Caleb's Getting For His Birthday

Ear tubes. Seriously. We went in yesterday and have a big ole ear infection in his right ear. This was after a rough Friday night and a cranky Saturday morning. Thank goodness Nana and Poppy are here to lend a hand! I'm going to call the ENT on Monday morning and see about getting him in this week. I'll be sure to let everyone know when they schedule the tubes and how things go. Intellectually, I'm totally ok with it. We need to end this ear infection hell and get him well. Emotionally, it's harder because my baby hurts and I don't like the idea of people sticking things is his ears and feel like it's my job as Mommy to avoid things like this from happening. What could I have done better or differently or sooner or later or whatever to not get us to this place. I know that this isn't my fault but it still stinks. But, he's gotten more than his fair share of attention this weekend I think he'll survive. This is his real birthday present in case anyone was wondering:


He's all over button and switches these days so I think he'll like it. His new favorite thing is to get to push the button on the garage door opener to make it go up or down. He pushes it and then turns around and squeals and claps and the big door goes down. It's the highlight of coming home in the afternoons. He's still walking well and his balance has definitely improved. He looks a lot less drunk these days! :)

I'll post pictures this afternoon...

2 comments:

Jonathan and Amber said...

I was really confused... I thought that kid in the picture was Caleb! I was thinking, "man, he looks different..."

Kasey said...

I'm sorry Caleb has to get ear tubes. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon!