Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Am My Father's Child

This post is sure to make Nana and Jonathan laugh so hard they cry.

We gave Caleb his Christmas present this morning. After only having it for one week the suspense was killing me and I begged Juan to let him open it now. And so we did. Caleb was super excited and immediately set about banging the truck on the floor and attacking the box.

Why did I want to give him the dump truck? First, because I have no patience for surprises whatsoever. It's genetic. And second, he's now pulling up to a standing position. Yup, you read that right. Standing. He crawls up to something, latches on with his baby fingers and up he goes. I'm proud and petrified - we haven't yet mastered falling.

Anyway, the dump truck is supposed to help with walking so I justified it by saying that it'll help him developmentally. Not sure what that means will be under the tree of Christmas morning. Perhaps a helmet...

You should check out the latest two videos - one of crawling and a new one of pulling up . Yikes!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have another friend who also blogged about giving her child a Christmas gift this week. You're not alone.