Thursday, November 6, 2008

I See Spots

Well, I might see something that could be considered spots. There are like three tiny dots on his forehead. The beginning of a rash? Residue from lunch? Marks from where he wacked himself with the dinosaur? Who knows.
Caleb's done well today despite being sick. He's slept well, ate so-so and napped like a champ once he falls asleep. Falling asleep is harder than when he's well. He fights it more and wants to be held. I'm thinking we'll have to re-Ferberize once this passes. I'm not going to deny my sick baby a rock to sleep if thats what he wants.
We're tromping onward though. I ran the vacuum today and - as always- Caleb was totally mesmerized. He loves my Rainbow. I don't know if it's the hose or the noise of the fact that it rolls - maybe all three. I put him in the "cage" (pack-n-play) and he crawled all around watching me as I vacuumed. Whatever Trevor!



On a happy note, Caleb has learned TWO new tricks. Or at least is showing pre-trick indications. First off, he can wave! Really! I was changing his diaper today and I was waving to him and he kinda waved back. There's no concept whatsoever that waving goes with hello or goodbye but he can mimic what I'm doing. I tried to get it on video but he kept on crawling away rather than sitting still and waving. You'll have to take my word for it. Second new trick - he can crawl up in my lap. Talk about melting Mommy's heart! He crawled over to me today and then up in my lap. I picked him up, gave him a huge hug and a bunch of kisses. Mommy really loves her baby.


A few pictures from today - enjoy.

No comments: