Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Okay, so my birthday isn't actually until tomorrow but whatever. I've been around long enough to start celebrating early if I want. We're skipping swimming lessons tonight and having Bertolli for dinner. I'm in a nostalgic mood and thought I'd start the festivities off with a flash back to 2007. It was my 30th birthday and I was exactly 8 weeks pregnant with Caleb, whom at that point we were all referring to as Francois. Can you even remember?

This is the email I sent out to publicly announce the news. All of you knew already and we'd just had our first sono with Dr. Binford and were ready to tell the world....

Hi Guys,
My 30th birthday is this weekend and today I got the best birthday present ever... Juan and I heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time - yup, we're pregnant! We're about 8 weeks with an expected due date of March 9th. We are absolutely thrilled to say the least.. This will be the first grandchild on either side and our parents are over the moon (in English and Spanish). Jonathan, Adriana and Lily are thrilled too - planning to spoil the baby rotten in retribution for the years of abuse suffered at the hands of their bossy older siblings. Amber has been #1 Aunt seeing to it that we got in with the OB we really wanted. My poor husband has been a real trooper. My mood ranges from moderately difficult to snarling beast. He's taking it all in stride so far and providing lots of Gingerale, Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Twix. As always, Chloe is completely clueless. I've attached our first baby picture - not really looking like a baby yet but I think it's absolutely perfect none the less.



Two years later and the birthdays keep on getting better....

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I remember Francois. : ) Happy early birthday!!!

Jonathan and Amber said...

FRANCOIS!!!!! How things have changed. I can remember your pregnancy and the excitement and everything, like it was yesterday. It makes me want to cry! I can't believe how fast it goes, and he's not even mine!