Friday, July 10, 2009

Weekend Update

My car is sick. Bleah. That's managed to blow whatever concentration I had left on this hot Friday afternoon so I thought I'd entertain all of you with some updates on our adventures in the new house.

1. Pool Cover. The pool cover was installed on Monday. It's pretty snazzy and we are quite happy. The only issue so far has been that Chloe can't drink the pool water when it's on. She's annoyed but we're thinking that pool water probably isn't good for bassets anyway.

2. New Dishwasher. I have a new dishwasher. Don't ask why. Or at least don't ask why in front of my husband. Just wait til he's not around and tell me it's pretty.

3. Decorations! A huge thanks to my parents for helping spruce up the new digs last weekend. Eat your heart out Martha Stewart.

4. Caleb and Chloe are both sleeping through the night again. Such a relief to be back in our normal routine and well rested.

5. What's left? We still have NO clue where Juan's running watch or his scuba goggles are. Note: I was not responsible for packing either of those items. I've checked and rechecked every remaining box in this house. I think they must be in the garage somewhere.

I'll add pictures soon...

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know that "Energy Star" Dishwashers run for about 2 hours?! Even the perfectly good OLD ones. I guess there is a house in the Valley that is getting a used energy star appliance.

Scuba goggles and running watch have been located... they were in the 'audio equipment' box - go figure.

-J