Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Ah, Halloween. I've never been a big Halloween fan - I have nothing against candy mind you, I'm just not big on dressing up. I'd rather have real clothes than duck suits or a Marge Simpson wig. Parenthood has given me cause to stop and take a new look at Halloween though. What are little babies good for if not dressing up? He can't talk (and thus protest) and despite his new found mobility I'm still much faster than he is. It's perfect! I've been waiting for today for over a year now. My master plan was to dress up Caleb like Chloe and Chloe like Caleb. And, as I connected with my inner Martha, I was going to make their costumes myself.

Yeah. Notice all those past tense verbs? I've had a horrid sinus infections for two weeks now. Caleb has a runny nose and Chloe is already so traumatized by this baby brother thing I feel guilty making it worse by putting her in a diaper and head band. Finally at 8pm last night I started on the costume.

Anyway, I actually think his costume came out really cute. He hasn't worn it yet - today was a school day and then he was seriously overdue for a nap when we got home. He's still sleeping now so I'll wait until Juan gets home and then take some pictures. Chloe's been let off the hook this year.

So, we're on to next year! Raggedy Ann and Andy? Jack and Jill? CP3O and R2D2? I'm taking suggestions...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOooh, how about Lone Ranger and Silver?

:D