Friday, December 19, 2008

Feed Me Seymour!

Here's what was written at the bottom of his daycare sheet today:

Caleb seems very interested in eating table food. He likes to assist the other children in eating! :) You might start picking up a menu and circling things that he can eat. He seems VERY interested!

My kid is stealing other children's food! Ugh! I sent him with three bottles, apple/pear sauce, green beans, carrots, yogurt plus the snacks I keep in his cubbie. This was for half a day! And he still wants more!

Not that I should be surprised. Last week I brought him in around 7:30am and several of the babies were getting fussy - breakfast is at 8am and they were already hungry. Ms. Ashley put some Cheerios out on the table and four of them scampered up to partake. Caleb was on the end and promptly ate all his Cheerios and then started elbowing his way down the table eating all the other babies Cheerios. I turned around and Mara was on the ground and Caleb was about to push McKenzie out of the way to steal the rest of her Cheerios! I rescued the girls and plopped Caleb back down with a toy. Mind you he'd already had a 8oz bottle and yogurt at home that morning.

How will I be able to afford to feed him at 16? He might eat me.

No comments: