Sunday, December 7, 2008

Parents Night Out!

Juan and I went to dinner last night. Alone! Angelica graciously agreed to baby-sit the little beaver. We got to see her new car, visit some and then we were off. Dinner was very good (Truluck's - I absolutely adore good tomatoes and bleu cheese. Wow.) We got home and Angelica seemed unscathed. She said that our little darling was a good boy - ate his dinner and went right to sleep. Hooray for good friends and a nice evening out!

Speaking of Caleb... He's doing this new thing where he rubs his bottom teeth over his top gums. I guess they itch or hurt since the big top teeth are coming in. Both are through the gums and just starting to descend. Anyways, it makes a creepy noise (like teeth grinding) and he gets a odd look on his face when he does it. Freaked us out at first until Nana assured us it was normal. I'm still a bit annoyed that after all this drama all these baby teeth are just going to fall out. And then I have to pay him for them! Who came us with this plan, seriously?

Yesterday morning we tried to take Christmas pictures. The aforementioned teeth were an issue and so our Santa Claus (Caleb) was whiny and uncooperative. The reindeer (Chloe) actually did a better job of following directions. Perhaps I should try bribing Caleb with a doggie treat and see if that helps. I'm going to upload the reject pictures into an album. They may not be Christmas card worthy but they're pretty funny to look at. Caleb kept grabbing Chloe's antlers and pulling them off.

This morning Caleb and I went to the grocery store. He was good as usual. Juan's running a half-marathon and should be home in a bit. Caleb's napping now and I'm going to have breakfast and then do some laundry. This is my last week before Christmas vacation! Yeah!

No comments: