Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family Pictures, Swimming Lessons and More

What a week! Here's a not-so-brief recap...

In honor of Nana and Poppy's 35th wedding anniversary (and because we hadn't had a formal family picture taken in over 10 years) we had our picture (all 7 of us) made on Friday afternoon. The attire was an issue of great debate but in the end we all looked quite nice in our navy sweaters and khaki pants. Caleb was quite stylish in his baby sweater vest - so grown up! The proofs will be ready in a couple of weeks and I'll send an email with a link once I get it.

Caleb started swimming lessons yesterday! He loves to splash in the bathtub so I was hoping that swimming would be even more fun. Juan said he had a good time and especially enjoyed the game they played while singing The Wheels on the Bus - his favorite song in the entire world. Since we now know that visitors can come and watch I'll go and take some pictures next week. Abuelita and Abuelito will be here and I know will enjoy coming along as well. Juan said Caleb was quite buoyant - guess all that baby fluff pays off! :)

While the boys were at the pool yesterday Nana and Poppy (thank you!!!) helped me clean house. I'm bound and determined to KILL whatever bacteria is living around here and put and end to the sinus and ear infections once and for all. Caleb's completely healed and I'm getting there.

We had a nice visit with my family this week. We got to spend a little time with Bubba and Amber. Hopefully we'll be able to plan a trip to Pittsburgh this summer or fall. Juan, Caleb, Chloe and I are enjoying a quite Sunday and it just being "us" again. Caleb was a super star and slept until 6:30am. He's down for his morning nap now and so Juan and I are relaxing and reading the paper. Chloe is catching up on much needed beauty rest.

I have some new pictures to post. I'll try and get to it this afternoon.

No comments: