Sunday, January 18, 2009

Letting Go

So Caleb's new trick this week to is let go of whatever he's holding onto and stand independently. Yup, true walking is right around the corner. This morning he stood for a good 5-6 seconds. That sounds like an incredibly short amount of time until you're the momma and watching your first born teeter on the edge of toddler-hood and leave baby-hood behind. He's letting go. My never-really-that-little darling is a big boy and every day becoming more aware and self-assured. I cried a little watching him stand. He looked a little confused and then proud and then it was almost as if you could see the light bulb go off. Ah ha ha Momma! Watch me go!

March is almost here and with it will come his first birthday. This year has flown by - although there were a few middle of the night moments which never seemed to end. I'm excited to see him continue to grow and learn and become his own little person. I do miss my baby though but I'm ok with letting go. At least when he falls it's still his Momma he wants to kiss it and smear all his snot and slobber on.

Juan recorded a short (obviously) standing video this morning. Pretty cute (including Juan's lovely rendition of La Cucaracha)!

Off to hug my baby really, really, really tight.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I was rocking Reese in the glider this week when I realized that I won't be able to rock him too much longer. Then I had a little cry.

Jonathan and Amber said...

Oh my goodness, he's turning into a little man! I can't wait to see him walk all on his own! Don't cry too much, he'll always be your baby.