Sunday, August 24, 2008

All for one and one for all




My husband has gotten up at 4am the last two mornings. Caleb usually sleeps until 5:30 or so but since Friday he's had other ideas. I got up with him on Friday and it made for quite a long day. Saturday morning was Juan's turn. I love the fact that I don't even have to ask - he just does it. It took two of us to bring this little being into the world and it takes two of us to care for him. It's our job to be his parents and be partners in raising our son. We each have areas that we naturally excel in - Juan is the king of nail trimming and bath time. If it were up to me Caleb's nails would look like the lady in the Guiness Book of World Records! I do bedtime. After spending 41 long weeks living inside me he knows I'm a warm soft place to rest (and a total wimp who rocks waaaaay longer than his Daddy). A very smart person told me long ago that marriage was like playing the game where you hold hands and spin around. If anyone lets go you both spin out of control. It's a balancing act. I appreciate my husband immensely and I'm grateful to have such a loving partner and a good father to our child. He's a total team player.

No comments: