Thursday, August 21, 2008

Parental Olympics


Yes, another post about the Olympics....

I took Caleb for a walk this morning and was pondering what the Olympics would be like if the events were based on parental skills. I know that Juan and I have certainly done quite a bit of training over the last five months and are now experts in things we'd never even considered doing before March. So, here's my take on what events the Olympics would include if it were all about babies.

1. Speed Diaper Changing. Perhaps both baby boy and baby girl competitions? Every time I change Caleb I hear Auntie Amber's voice proclaiming "Point the peepee down! Point the peepee down!". Perhaps another round of competition for wet diapers vs those with a fun surprise in them? And all done at 2am on about 4 hours sleep. That's worth a medal people.

2. Long Haul Baby Carrying. Take a 10 lb car seat and add a 18+ lb baby to it and see how fast you can walk! Yeah, Mr. Jamaican Runner guy! I'll take you on any day! Ok, not really but boy do we need to move up to a big boy car seat soon.

3. Binkie Quest. This is one we do quite often at our house. Juan is the champ by far. How we can have seven binkies and still lose them all is a mystery to me. I started offering $1 for every binkie they could find. Chloe just yawned but Juan found them all. I never paid up but we did have a happy baby.

4. Endurance Rock and Sway. Come on! You all know the rock and sway, right? Cranky, sleepy baby. Rock and sway and rock and sway til he's asleep. (Sorry Ferber - we're still getting there). How long can you rock and sway? And then can you put the baby down and slowly slink away without him waking up? I'm a pro.

Ok, that's probably enough for one post. This parenthood thing beats badminton any day.

And on other notes... Caleb is sleeping all night again! New baby pictures are posted too - check out my big boy sitting up AND standing!

No comments: